Do you own or manage a business in Cincinnati? Need an affordable way to get your word out? Want to support your community? Become an underwriter on Radio Free Queen City!
WVQC is Cincinnati’s new low-power FM station (broadcasting to a signal radius of 3-5 miles) featuring local content – for the people, by the people. Currently, WVQC is offering underwriting slots for local businesses at a rate that is more affordable than corporate-owned stations, and allows your business to invest in an important community asset.
Underwriting contributions from businesses, organizations and individuals are the major source of revenue for non-commercial, educactional, community stations such as WVQC-LP. The FCC allows non-profit stations to fund themselves through the sale of underwriting. Underwriting is a form of limited advertising regulated by the FCC.
Underwriting messages may contain:
- Company name, location, telephone number and web address
- Established corporate slogan, provided it is not promotional
- Value neutral descriptions of products and services
- Vendor or trade names of products and services offered
- Underwriting messages may not contain:
- Calls to action
- Promotional or qualitative language
- Price information
- Inducements to buy or sell
WVQC staff will work with you to craft your message. Messages are usually 1 or 2 sentences and last no longer than 20 seconds. For more information, view our underwriting agreement.